If you can find a spot in your publication or news, or/and on your website for this article we would really appreciate it. You are also invited to attend this event promoting the effects of responsible management of the shores in and around Kawartha. We hope to see you there. Please make yourself known to me or one of our members.
Bring the family to the BLUE CANOE EVENT
Time 9:00 Am June 13th
Location: cottage 17 and 19 Fireroute 128
(very end of Riverside Drive Bobcaygeon)
Sponsored by the
North Pigeon Lake Ratepayers’ Association
THE BLUE CANOE IS ON ITS WAY!
Thanks to both the Municipality of Trent Lakes and the City of Kawartha Lakes the Blue Canoe paddles it’s way to the shores near Bobcaygeon. Many have been asking when is our turn to have this valuable program showcased in our area of north Pigeon Lake and now the answer is June 13th 2015!
The North Pigeon Lake Ratepayers’ Association is proud to sponsor this event as we feel the importance of the program should be shared with all property owners in the area. The Blue Canoe program will:
- Demonstrate how each of us can impact the lake’s health
- Show how we can keep Pigeon Lake Healthy
- Make scientific data user friendly and actionable by all
- Show us how to utilize the scientific data collected to our best advantage
- Disseminate information and some tools that encourage landowners to improve and maintain our shorelines
- Give us the tools to manage our shorelines better
- Help us help ourselves to a healthy lake and thus a healthy local economy
- Prove that a healthy lake equals a healthy economy
The program has been in operation for years and now it has been encouraged by our political leadership to come to Bobcaygeon. The event will be held on June 13th at the “Morton” cottage 19 Fire route 128 (the extension of Riverside Drive) starting at 9:00 AM. Parking is limited once on Fire Route so parking on Riverside might be best option if fire route 128 looks congested.
Water, coffee and tea provided courtesy of the NPLRA and all we ask is that you bring your own cup!
During and after the presentation there will be ample time to ask your specific questions, meet those who bring the “canoe” to our door and get to meet like minded residents.
Thanks to Kawartha Conservation, the Municipality of Trent Lakes and the City o Kawartha Lakes for allowing the North Pigeon Lake Ratepayer’s Assn., to host such an event… and it’s free!