- City of Kawartha Lakes
- County of Peterborough
- Municipality of Trent Lakes
- Township of Selwyn
- Curve Lake First Nation
- Canadian Environmental Law Association (CELA) – Protecting human health and our environment by seeking justice for those harmed by pollution and working to change policies to prevent problems in the first place.
- Friends of the Fraser Wetlands – A group of concerned citizens committed to preserving the environmental & cultural integrity of the Fraser Estate on Stony Lake.
- Kawartha Land Trust (KLT) – A registered charity that protects 12 significant properties across the Kawarthas, including a 715-acre wetlands area near Emily Creek, just south of Bobcaygeon. KLT worked with NPLA and others to secure Boyd Island for conservation.
- Kawarthas, Naturally Connected – Working together across Peterborough and the Kawarthas to create a Natural Heritage System of connected areas that maintain our ecological, social, and economic values.
- Ontario Environmental Network (OEN) – A non-profit, non-governmental network coordinating the efforts of over 500 Ontario environmental groups working towards and promoting protection of the environment.
- Ontario Headwaters Institute (OHI) – A registered charity working to preserve and protect Ontario’s headwaters through research, education, and best practices.
- Peterborough GreenUp – Central and eastern Ontario’s leading organization focused on issues of environmental education, sustainability, and stewardship.
- The Land Between – The Land Between extends from the Frontenac Arch to Georgian Bay and Southern Parry Sound. Enhancing the environmental, cultural and economic health and vitality of the region.
- Waterkeeper Alliance – United as one powerful force, Waterkeeper Alliance fights for every community’s right to drinkable, fishable, swimmable water.
- Kawartha Lakes This Week – Incorporating the former Lindsay This Week, Bobcaygeon Independent, and Fenelon Falls Gazette.
- KawarthaNow.com – What’s on in the Kawarthas.
- The Kawartha Promoter – The voice of what’s happening in and around the Kawartha Lakes.
- The Lakefield Herald – Local news spanning Bobcaygeon to Lakefield and beyond.
Trent-Severn Waterway (TSW):
- Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site – Official Website
- TheWaterway.ca – A Guide to the Trent-Severn Waterway
- Coalition for Equitable Water Flow – Promotes integrated water management across the Trent River watershed.
- Voices for the Trent-Severn Waterway – Stakeholders Supporting the TSW
Lake & Cottager Associations:
- Big Bald Lake Cottagers Association (BBLCA) – A group that shares our concerns about cumulative quarries and traffic and securing Boyd Island for conservation.
- Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association Inc.(CCRAI) – A community organization that shares our concerns about preserving what is best in our beautiful lake areas now, as well as carefully planning for the future.
- Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations (FOCA) – NPLA is a member and thus our members are members. Sign up for the free e-lerts.
- Kawartha Lakes Stewards Association (KLSA) – Monitoring and Sustaining the Health of the Kawartha Lakes. Represents 40 associations (including NPLA) on more than a dozen lakes along the Trent Severn Waterway.
- Salmon Lake Cottage Owners’ Association (Salacoa) – A group representing the concerns of cottagers on Salmon Lake, just northeast of Pigeon Lake in Cavendish Township.
Local Business & Tourism Information:
- Bobcaygeon Online Facebook Group
- Bobcaygeon & Area Chamber of Commerce – Committed to providing leadership, support and communication for a healthy business community to ensure a high quality of life for all.
- Impact 32 – A volunteer committee made up of local business owners and community organizers in Bobcaygeon.
- Kawarthas Northumberland – A Regional Tourism site for Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough and the Kawarthas, and Northumberland County. Lots of information on Events and Places of Interest.
- Visit Bobcaygeon – Bobcaygeon Tourism site. Lots of good information on Attractions and Events.
Other Useful Links:
- Canadian Safe Boating Council – Improving communications about safe boating issues between government and private companies and organizations in the recreational boating field.
- Citizens for Responsible Aggregate Development (CFRAD) – A group who are trying to stop the Ledge Road/Dewdney Mountain quarry development.
- Council of Canadians – A social action organization advocating for clean water, fair trade, green energy, public health care, and a vibrant democracy.
- Save Pigeon Lake – Group of citizens on southern Pigeon Lake concerned about Wild Rice management.
- Truth & Reconciliation Bobcaygeon – A Journey of Rights & Healing. Useful information and links to local First Nations and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.